Which country are you coming from?

Apply for a Work Abroad Program

Participants in the Work in Ireland Program can apply for a 4-month, 1-year or 2-year program, ideal for a working holiday, an internship or a gap year in Ireland. The work abroad program you can choose from and its duration will depend on your eligibility and country of origin.



4 months: The 4-month Work in Ireland Program is open to US citizens, who are current students or recent graduates only. USIT provides extensive support during the application process and throughout your working holiday in Ireland, including making the visa application on your behalf and providing fully comprehensive travel insurance.

12 months: Those wishing to live and work in Ireland for up to 1 apply for the work visa or Working Holiday Authorisation (WHA) relevant to your country of origin. This program is open to current students or graduates of the last 12 months USIT will guide you through the process to make it as easy as possible.

Australia and New Zealand

To be eligible for a 12 month Working Holiday Authorization you must hold the relevant passport and be aged between 18 – 30.


Canadian citizens who are aged 18-35 and hold a Canadian passport may apply for a 2 year Working Holiday Authorisation (WHA) to participate in the program.


Citizens of EU countries can also apply and avail of the program’s wide-ranging support system, including welcome orientation, job search assistance and help finding a place to live.

Rest of the World/Other

If your country of residence is not listed but you are interested in a tailored Work in Ireland Program please contact the Team to find out about your eligibility and offers.

If you are interested in a working holiday to Ireland, an internship in Ireland or to enquire about your eligibility for the program, contact the team on wii@usit.ie.

Sign up for our Webinars to learn more!

Book your place on one of our informative webinars.